We know it takes a community to keep each other safe. The well-being of our employees and communities, and the safe and reliable supply of food products to our customers, remain our constant priorities.
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is creating a rapidly changing environment. Governments have recognized food production as an essential service. During these challenging times, we are doing everything possible to ensure we keep producing food for our customers and your family.
It’s for these reasons that we have put measures in place to do our best to protect one another – including work-from-home arrangements for some of our employees, and limiting the number of people at any given worksite to those team members required for the safe and reliable operation of our business.
As well, employees across our business are respecting health and safety measures as outlined by our local public health agencies to prevent the spread of the COVID-19:
· There are new protocols regarding screening at site entrances.
· Virtual meetings are encouraged for employee teams and customers.
· We have stopped all international travel and all domestic air travel to limit potential exposure.
· We have significantly enhanced sanitization and disinfection protocols at our facilities.
· We have provided up to 3 paid emergency leave days for employees. This leave is available to help with family commitments such as managing alternate childcare arrangements during school closures or to care for sick or vulnerable family members during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
· We’ve introduced pay continuation for self-isolation due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
· We have a senior leadership team dedicated to this effort 24/7 and are providing daily updates to our employees.