Legal and Privacy
Cavendish Red Sox Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. OPEN TO ONLY LEGAL RESIDENTS OF, AND CURRENTLY RESIDING WITHIN, MAINE, NEW HAMPSHIRE, MASSACHUSETTS, VERMONT, AND CONNECTICUT WHO ARE 18 OR OLDER AND AT LEAST THE AGE OF MAJORITY AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON NUMBER OF VALID ENTRIES. The Cavendish Red Sox Sweepstakes ("Promotion") begins at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 19, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 15, 2019 (“Promotion Period”). The computer clock of Sponsor is the official time-keeping device in the Promotion.
BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, YOU AGREE TO AND WILL COMPLY WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, DO NOT ENTER THE PROMOTION.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to those who are legal residents of and currently reside inMaine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont and Connecticut, and who are at least 18 years of age or the age of majority of their respective state at the time of Promotion entry. Employees, officers and directors of Cavendish Farms Corporation(the “Sponsor”), Snipp Interactive, The Hatchery Marketing Group Inc., Realtime Media LLC (“Administrator”), their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, and fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. You shall at all times comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
2. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: You may enter the Promotion by either of the following methods (each, a “Promotion Entry”):
(1) Make a purchase of one (1) or more the products set forth in Appendix A (“Qualifying Products”) in the same transaction in-store from a Market Basket and retain the receipt for uploading purposes in accordance with this Section. Text the keyword “CAVENDISH FARMS” to cellular number 811811 during the Promotion Period. Once the keyword sent by you is received, you will receive a response text with a link to the microsite at www.cavendishfarmsredsox.com. You must then access the link, and at such site (i) complete the registration form found at the link withyour true and correct information in the required fields (required fields include: Full Name, Complete Mailing Address, Email Address, Phone Number, and Date of Birth, and (ii) upload your valid receipt. Each eligible completed registration form received will earn one (1) Promotion Entry. Text “STOP” to 811811 to opt-out of SMS communication.
Standard carrier and carrier specific charges for text messages may apply, depending on your individual cellular pricing plan, in accordance with your cellular customer agreement. SMS may not be available for all service providers or for all handsets. Cellular phone carrier’s instructions for text messaging may be different.Contact your carrier for plan details and pricing. Entry via textmessaging may not be available via all wireless carriers. Check your phone capabilities for specific instructions. The text message entry portion of this Promotion works with most U.S cellular carriers and requires a two-way text messaging enabled cellular phone. Sponsor makes no guarantee that any particular wireless service provider will participate. Check with your service provider for details. By selecting to play via text messaging, you grant permission to the Sponsor to send you the link to the microsite as described above as well as any related error message via return text message and agree to accept all applicable charges associated therewith. Wireless service providers may charge you for each text message, including any error message that is sent and received in connection with the Promotion, based on the applicable wireless service plan. You are responsible for all applicable fees and taxes associated with placing an SMS entry. Sponsor may add or delete a cellular carrier at any time without notice.
(2) ALTERNATE MEANS OF ENTRY: To enter without a purchase, hand-print your full name, full mailing address, email address, phone number, and birth date on a plain 3x5 inch paper. Mail your completed entry to Realtime Media, Attn: Cavendish Red Sox SweepstakesEntry, 200 Four Falls Corporate Center, Suite 130, Conshohocken, PA 19428. Each entry must be mailed separately in a hand-addressed, stamped envelope. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries. Mail-in Promotion Entries must be postmarked no later than June 15, 2019and received by June 19, 2019 to be eligible for the drawing.
Regardless of method of entry, limit of one (1) Promotion Entry per person, per email address, per phone number, per mailing address throughout the Promotion Period. For avoidance of doubt, you may not enter multiple times using multiple email addresses, phone numbers, etc. All Promotion Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.No responsibility is assumed for (i) lost, late, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries,(ii) technical, electronic, telephone, hardware, software or network, computer or data transmission errors, malfunctions or difficulties of any kind, or (iii) any incorrect data contained in any Promotion Entry.
SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING/ODDS: One (1) Potential Promotion winner will be selected in an electronic, randomized drawing conducted on or about June 20, 2019, from all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Promotion winners will receive a notification via email and/or phone call the day of the drawing date or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable, and you agree to be contacted at the email or number provided for such purpose in the event you become a potential winner. The potential winner will be sent, via email, various forms to complete, sign, and return, including an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and an IRS W9 Form. You must complete, sign and return all forms that are sent to you to Realtime Media within twenty-four (24) hours of date of issuance. The potential winner becomes the “winner” only after (i) he or she completes and returns all forms required by the Sponsor in accordance with this Section and (ii) Sponsor successfully completes its verification process and grants final approval for such potential winner, as further described in Section 7. If such potential winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period as determined by Sponsor, if the potential winner is ineligible, if any notification is returned undeliverable, or if the potential winner fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible Entries for that drawing.
PRIZE (1): One (1) Prize will be awarded, consisting of:
One (1) set of four (4) tickets to the Red Sox game in Boston, MA on June 23, 2019.
$25 Food and Beverage Voucher per ticket
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize package is $660.00
6. PRIZE LIMITATIONS: If it is discovered during prize verification you have entered, attempted to enter, or used multiple accounts to enter more than the stated limit you will be disqualified at the discretion of the Administrator and Sponsor, and all such entries will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means, which subvert the entry process, are void. Promotion Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or undelivered prizes.
7. VERIFICATION; GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS:The potential winner will be eligible to receive the prize and the prize will be awarded only after the potential winner’s verification of eligibility and Sponsor’s final verification and approval. No prize substitution, cash equivalent of prizes, transfer or assignment of prizes is permitted, except by Sponsor which may substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value.
9. RELEASE: As a condition of entering the Promotion, you agree that (1) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages arising from or relating to the Promotion or any prizes, andwithout limiting the foregoing, any claims, judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred by you to enter the Promotion;; and (2) in no event will you be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, YOUHEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND WILLINDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS PROMOTION PARTIES AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS OF EACH, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR PROPERTY, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WHICH MAY BE DUE TO OR ARISE OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE/MISUSE OR POSSESSION OF PRIZES, OR ANY PRIZE-RELATED TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY. THE PROMOTION PARTIES WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. DISCLAIMER: Promotion Parties are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related materials. Sponsor may disqualify any individual that tampers with the entry process. Sponsor also may terminate, suspend, cancel or modify the Promotionat any time in its reasonable discretion, including if for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other causes that may corrupt or impair the integrity, fairness or proper play of the Promotion. In such event, Sponsor may award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of termination in a random drawing. Promotion Parties are not responsible or liable for (i) any events which may cause errors and/or the Promotion to be stopped, including any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, nor are they responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or cable, satellite, internet, or Internet Service Providers, computer equipment, software or any other failure of any email or Promotion Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, or (ii) any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible for computer, mechanical, technical, electronic, network or other errors or problems, including any errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of Promotion Entries, or in any other Promotion-related materials. Promotion Parties may disqualify you from this Promotion if you (i) violate Official Rules or any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or (ii) act, in Sponsor’s sole discretion: (a) in a manner Sponsor determines to be not fair; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. In no event will more prizes be awarded than asset forth in Section 5 (or as otherwise set forth in these rules), including if for any reason,an entrant is unintentionally notified of potentially winning or more prizes are unintentionally awarded through a computer, hardware, or software malfunction, error or failure.
YOU SHALL NOT DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, INCLUDING THE MICROSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION. ANY SUCH ACT OR ATTEMPT TO DO SO IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THESE OFFICIAL RULES. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER RIGHTS AND REMEDIES IT MAY HAVE HEREIN OR AT LAW, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTION PARTIES MAY SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or winners, Sponsor, and Administrator in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of thestate of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of thestate of Massachusettsor any other jurisdiction), which might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than theprovince of New Brunswick. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the courts of thestate of Massachusetts. You hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non-convenience or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
12. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL AND CLASS ACTIONS. EACH PARTY HERETO IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVES ALL RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN OR TO HAVE A JURY PARTICIPATE IN RESOLVING ANY DISPUTE, ACTION, PROCEEDING OR COUNTERCLAIM, WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE. ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM CLASS ACTION. THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. EQUITABLE RELIEF: Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, you acknowledge and agree that a breach by you of these Official Rules would cause the Promotion Parties irreparable harm for which monetary damages would not be an adequate remedy, and in the event of such breach or threatened breach, the Promotion Parties will be entitled to injunctive or equitable relief.
14. TAX INFORMATION: All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner. Without limiting the foregoing, a 1099 tax form will be issued to the winner.
15. WINNERS LIST: To receive the list of winners of prizes, send a #10 self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by July 31, 2019to: Cavendish Red Sox Sweepstakes Winners List Request, c/o Realtime Media, 200 Four Falls Corporate Center, Suite 100, Conshohocken, PA19428
SPONSOR: Cavendish Farms Corporation, 100 Midland Driver, NB, E1A 6X4
ADMINISTRATOR: Realtime Media LLC, 200 Four Falls Corporate Center, Suite 100, Conshohocken, PA 19428
APPENDIX A – QUALIFYING PRODUCTS:
56210 34217 Cavendish Farms Classic Hash Brown Patties 12x20ct
56210 37106 Cavendish Farms Classic Hash Brown Patties 12x10ct
56210 37107 Cavendish Farms Classic Onion Hash Brown Patties 24x10ct
5621084122 CAV FARMS CR/C 6X80OZ
5621080195 CF RS CRISPYSWEET OR 10X35.3OZ
5621080196 RS CSPY S/C STAD FRY 6X63.5OZ
5621080184 CAV RS GOURMET FRIES 6X1.8KG
5621080173 CAV RS H&S P WEDGE 6X63.5OZ
5621041530 CAV HASHBRWN STCK 12X35.2OZ US
Protecting the privacy of personal information is an important principle to J.D. Irving, Limited and its divisions and related operating companies (the “Companies”).
Responsible and Limited Collection, Use and Disclosure
Companies which collect, use and disclose personal information are committed to doing so responsibly and only to the extent necessary for the services they provide.
Policies and Procedures to Ensure Compliance with PIPEDA
Companies that are required to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) and which collect, use and disclose personal information will implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with PIPEDA.
Companies which gather personal information will ensure that the information collected is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Companies which gather personal information have safeguards to protect such personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
Companies that are required to comply with PIPEDA are committed to providing all necessary training and education to their employees to ensure a proper understanding of and compliance with PIPEDA.
J.D. Irving, Limited has appointed a Privacy Officer who is responsible for overseeing compliance with PIPEDA. The Privacy Officer can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 506-632-7777.
If you are unable to satisfactorily resolve any privacy matter directly with the applicable Privacy Administrator, the matter can then be referred to the Privacy Officer.
Your access to and use of this site in any manner will constitute your acknowledgment that you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
In this Legal Statement, the expressions "we", "us" and "our" refer to J. D. Irving, Limited and its related companies, who own, operate and maintain this site or components of it.
You are granted permission to view, store, print and reproduce pages within this site solely for your own personal use, for information purposes only, and not for commercial purposes.
This site and all of its components, including text, graphics, images and audio, are our property or the property of our licensors and are protected by copyright laws. All rights are reserved. You may not modify information provided on this site without our express written permission.
All names, logos, trademarks and designs on this site are our property or are used by us under license and may not be used for any purpose without our express written permission.
We make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information or materials on this site and all warranties and conditions of any kind, express, implied or statutory, are hereby excluded. We do not warrant that this site or the server are free of viruses or other harmful components.
In no event will we be liable for any damages, including without limitation, direct, indirect, or consequential damages, losses or expenses, arising from your access to or use of this site.
We assume no responsibility for material or information contained in sites created or maintained by third parties to which this site's pages may contain links. Electronic mail sent to this site on the Internet is not secure, and users should avoid sending sensitive or confidential information.
We will have the right to use any information we collect as a result of your use of this site for our own internal purposes. We will not sell or disclose such information to unrelated third parties.
This site, and your use of this site, will be governed by the laws of the Province of New Brunswick and the laws of Canada applicable therein.